Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Questionnaire


1. Name, phone #, and e-mail:
Ashley, 469 877 9467, hellomysexydarlings@me.com

2. What’s your major? What year will you graduate?
I am majoring in photography and expect to graduate in 2013

3. Why did you choose a photography class (or photography as a major), and what do you hope to learn from school in general and this class specifically?
I have always loved taking and analyzing photos and after being a student aid for my high school's photo class I have considered teaching photography. I'm still not 100% sure what I would like to do in the photography field and I'm here in school to explore my choices. 

4. What are your goals after graduation? Please list your goals in reverse order, starting five years out, then three, two, one, and six months.
In 5 years I hope to be a wedding photographer in the middle east or owning my own business. In 3 years I plan to be working for a company taking pictures of people pretty much everyday so I can feel confident enough to open my own business. In two years I hope to have gotten a stable job where I can take pictures everyday. 1 year after graduating I plan on building a portfolio. Finally, six months after graduation I will probably keep working on my portfolio and constantly searching for a reliable job and taking pictures of events (weddings, senior pictures, football games). I'm sure my plans will change though as I go through school.

5. What artists, musicians, photographers, writers, movies, books have influenced you/your work?
I love the work of Richard Avedon and try to use stark backgrounds and high contrast in some of my photos. I also have always loved the poems of Shel Silverstein and am planning on incorporating his work in some of my photographs. 

6. Where do you get information about current national and international events?
I try to get my news from a variety of sources. I mainly get it from the internet and tv but also try to pick up a newspaper from time to time.

7. Are there any important websites that you are referencing for art/photo competitions and/or information?
I haven't found any references yet for any photo contests. I hope to find some soon though since I'm a photo major. 

8. What museums and/or galleries have you been to in the past year?
I have been to the Amon Carter museum and various galleries at my previous school, twu. 

9. Have you had any photo projects and/ or training in the past?
I took a photo class in high school and a beginner class at my previous college. I also was a photographer for my high school newspaper for my junior and senior years. 

10. What is the value of art for the artist?
I think an artist finds value in their artwork as long as it identifies their own artistic style and they enjoyed making it. 

11. What is the value of art for the audience?
I think the audience finds value with a piece of artwork when they can connect with it and find it interesting. 

12. Is photography a vocation or an avocation?
I hope that photography can be both my vocation and avocation

13. What is your passion?
My passion is sharing my love for photography. I want to move people with my photography and show others how to move people with their photography. 

14.What are you afraid of? What makes you uncomfortable?
Besides spiders, I get very uncomfortable when I have to assert myself or be put in a position where I would make someone uncomfortable. 

15. Do you have a passport?
I do have a passport but I need to renew it

No comments:

Post a Comment